Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fireworks and other explosions

I was lucky enough to get this weekend off. Independence Day has always been a favorite holiday so we were excited to spend it together. We went to have lunch with Debbie's mom. Avi showed off his signing skills with his flashcards and then showed her how well he does his "learning box" activities. It was a good visit. After that we drove to my parents to have dinner and do fireworks. We never would have guessed how much Avi would love it. He spent much of the time with his cousin. She would hold him until her arms were too tired then she would set him down. He held her hand and carefully followed her lead. She took good care of him and he really enjoyed playing with her. When it was time to leave he kept signing "more," but it was late and he hadn't had a nap. Once we got home his crying was quickly replaced by snoring. He slept until late morning then took a very long nap later that afternoon.

We decided to try a video with new signs. He has already started mastering the new signs. Whenever he finds something he knows the sign for he insists on getting our attention and showing us the sign. Its nice to see another signing explosion. . .or maybe its still the same explosion, it's hard to say.

Today we're having a fast for Avi. My family is participating. I think he'll be excited to see his cousins at the break the fast dinner we're having. While we were in Las Vegas and I was struggling with the concept of homeopathic medicine I decided that I believe in things like fasting and prayer I can believe in homeopathy. Since then I have seen the efficacy of homeopathy. Like I said I believe in fasting and prayer and I believe that this will help Avi, and us as we try to navigate through this complex time.

No comments: